Author Topic: Problems with Match Plugin  (Read 4668 times)

Katchy

• View Profile
Problems with Match Plugin
« on: June 14, 2011, 00:22:22 »
Hey, I'm pretty new to Sonic Visualiser but need to use it and the Match plugin for a project I'm working on. Although I downloaded the Match plugin, the Match icon is not showing up in SV (nor is Match showing up in the Find Transform window within SV). Here's how I set it up:

I put SonicVisualiser.exe in C:/Program Files/Sonic Visualiser
I put match-vamp-plugin.dll in C:/Program Files/Vamp Plugins

I was pretty sure this was the way the download manager said to do it, but I'm not getting any results. I've also heard something about a .cat file? Can somebody help me fix this problem so I can use Match within Sonic Visualiser?
Thanks

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Match Plugin
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 16:40:19 »
Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows, perhaps?  If so, then the Vamp plugin needs to go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Vamp Plugins rather than just Program Files (which is generally for 64-bit programs on Windows 64; the plugins are 32-bit).  See the bottom of http://vamp-plugins.org/download.html.

The .cat file should be included with the MATCH plugin distribution and it should be copied to the same place as the .dll.  It tells Sonic Visualiser where to place the plugin within the Transforms menu.  If you don't install the .cat file, the plugin should still work, it'll just be uncategorised.

Chris