Author Topic: Problem with Sonic Visualiser 1.7.2 and Vamp Plugs on winXP  (Read 7040 times)

KongKI

• View Profile
Hi there,

I recently discovered this site and have a newbee problem:
I copied the Vamp Plugs to C:\Program Files\Vamp Plugins but SV can´t find them.
What did I wrong?

Cheers

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Sonic Visualiser 1.7.2 and Vamp Plugs on winXP
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 15:00:49 »
I recently discovered this site and have a newbee problem:
I copied the Vamp Plugs to C:\Program Files\Vamp Plugins but SV can´t find them.
What did I wrong?

There are two common possibilities for plugins not being found on Windows:
  • If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, then you have to put plugins in C:\Program Files (x86)\Vamp Plugins instead of in the plain Program Files folder (which is for 64-bit binaries; the existing plugins and hosts are all 32-bit).  The Vamp plugin documentation used to be misleading on this point.  I've now updated the instructions at http://vamp-plugins.org/download.html#install to reflect this.
  • If your Windows installation does not have English as its native language, then Program Files may be called something else; you need to make the Vamp Plugins folder inside whatever Program Files is actually called (which obviously would depend on the language).

I'm not sure whether the first of these applies to XP though (are there 64-bit versions of XP in widespread use?)

Chris

acedelco

• View Profile
Re: Problem with Sonic Visualiser 1.7.2 and Vamp Plugs on winXP
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 21:30:09 »
I tried to install Vamp Plugins to Windows XP. I tried all hints in the Internet without success. Finally i succeeded: c:\Vamp Plugins is my folder to install VP there. I am very happy after 3 days of work to install.