Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Plugin Development / Re: arch flags
« Last post by Vampire on March 17, 2016, 18:02:22 »
as a note for future, I found that for vamp-simple-host (32bit), it's necessary to install

libsndfile

brew install libogg
brew install libvorbis
brew install flac

so that it could read the file formats
« Last post by Vampire on March 17, 2016, 15:45:08 »
it's looking like

if you add in both architectures to the build/Makefile.osx

you can successfully build both i386 and x86_64

I had a typo

but the compilation of the sdk and plugins (make -f build/Makefile.osx plugins) will presumably have to be for both architectures for this to work?

I now have some warning, unused parameters and empty identifiers

one thing - why does a simple 'make' not work?
« Last post by Vampire on March 17, 2016, 15:39:14 »
hi Chris

thanks. So I redid the tutorial

changing this line in build/Makefile.osx

to be BOTH architectures

ARCHFLAGS ?= -mmacosx-version-min=$(MINVERSION) -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -stdlib=libc++

(not just x86_64) which may have been the problem (?)

Now it seems I have built a .dylib.

file structure-wise, do I have a folder with

vamp-plugin-sdk on the same level as my

my-skeleton-tutorial-plugin ?

2. a simple 'make' is unhappy
(Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:)

whereas
make -f Makefile.osx is okay (compiles just i386 perhaps)

I still need to work out what I'm doing architecture-wise

thanks!

« Last post by cannam on March 17, 2016, 15:23:32 »
Hi there -- thanks for posting. My immediate response was "hang on, surely the Vamp plugin tester is 64-bit by now". It turns out that although I had uploaded a 64-bit OSX build of it, I hadn't updated the Vamp website to link to it!

So the download available at https://code.soundsoftware.ac.uk/projects/vamp-plugin-tester/files is 64-bit, but the links from http://vamp-plugins.org/develop.html are still to the old ones. I'll fix that right away, sorry about that.

It is definitely recommended to make 64-bit plugins these days. The command line you listed looks like it should work if the arch is x86_64; does it?

Chris
Plugin Development / arch flags
« Last post by Vampire on March 17, 2016, 15:14:18 »
Hi,

I keep finding I get either

Undefined symbols for architecture i386

or

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64

If I compile for x86_64, I can't test in vamp-plugin-tetser (it is 32 bit). But

when I do make -f Makefile.osx (is this still right?)
I get
6 warnings generated.
c++ -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -arch i386 -stdlib=libc++ -Wall -Wextra -g -fPIC -I. -I../vamp-plugin-sdk    -c -o plugins.o plugins.cpp
c++ -o PreciseOnsetDetector.dylib PreciseOnsetDetector.o plugins.o -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -arch i386 -stdlib=libc++   -dynamiclib -exported_symbols_list vamp-plugin.list ../vamp-plugin-sdk/libvamp-sdk.a
ld: warning: ignoring file ../vamp-plugin-sdk/libvamp-sdk.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386): ../vamp-plugin-sdk/libvamp-sdk.a

so I'm a bit confused. Happy to just make a 32 bit version if that's what works.

any tips on compiling against one of these? Is the tutorial still working? Is nice and straight-forward but I don't get a compiled plugin from it yet.

thanks
Host Forum: Sonic Visualiser / VST Plugins
« Last post by vonappen on March 01, 2016, 15:07:43 »
Hi,
I would like to use VST plugins (such as filters, EQs, Imaging) in Sonic Visualiser. The website says "Windows and OS/X users can get limited support using the Audacity VST Enabler" but the links don't work anymore and I can't find this enabler anywhere.
Is there any way to use such plugins with SV?
Best, Ralf
Host Forum: Sonic Visualiser / Re: zoom to selection ?
« Last post by mark_orion on December 21, 2015, 18:38:40 »
that did it. Thanks a lot for the quick reply !
Host Forum: Sonic Visualiser / Re: zoom to selection ?
« Last post by cannam on December 21, 2015, 17:33:25 »
You can't (I think!) actually zoom to a selection of the type made using the select tool.

However, you can zoom to a specific region in time selected with the mouse -- using the Navigate tool, shift-click and drag to drag out a rectangle which will then be immediately zoomed to (in the time axis only, on a time layer like a waveform, or in time-frequency if on a spectrogram).

Host Forum: Sonic Visualiser / zoom to selection ?
« Last post by mark_orion on December 21, 2015, 17:01:27 »
How can I zoom to a selection in SV ?
Host Forum: Sonic Visualiser / Sonic Visualiser and Clipping
« Last post by cubusmedusa on December 03, 2015, 08:00:45 »
Hi,
I am new to this forum as well as to this topic, so I hope you guys can help me resolving this issue. I used the spectrogram functions to determine the real quality of sound files. Among these files I had several that had some strong clipping going on, clearly shown in the peak meters of various programs and of course in the waveforms. E.g. Audacity, Foobar, etc. But whenever I checked the spectrogram  the clipping did not show up in the spectrogram colors. It was always well below 0dB. Why is sonic visualiser not displaying clipping in the spectrogram?

Cheers,
Chris
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10