Author Topic: simple feature request: "copy drawn beats to aligned audio"  (Read 2651 times)

Apfelmatsch

• View Profile
Hello,

I'd like to suggest a feature.

After one has drawn the bars or beats in a track by hand and has aligned two or more tracks, it would be nice, if SV would just copy the bars/beats to the other tracks.

Since it is able to jump to the same "note" in different tracks per the alignment tool, it should be possible for it to make references and know how to copy the beats accordingly or am I thinking to simple here?

Another thing:
It is also possible to create a line that shows the bpm when one points the mouse on it, how does one make the bpm visible as numbers and not by first pointing the mouse on it. I also miss a guide that brings me to this result: http://www.charm.rhul.ac.uk/studies/chapters/images/pubimg/thumb/thm_dlwfig18.jpg which you can find here http://www.charm.rhul.ac.uk/studies/chapters/chap8.html

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: simple feature request: "copy drawn beats to aligned audio"
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 10:46:35 »
If you have two audio files loaded in separate panes, and they are aligned, then you should be able to take annotations made against one of them and copy/paste them onto the other one and SV will adjust their timings to match the alignment. This sounds like what you are asking for?

For example:

1. Load an audio file into a new session
 2. Use "Import More Audio" to load another (presumably of the same work)
 3. Switch on the Align control
 4. Make sure the first pane is active, and tap some instants into it (e.g. with the ";" key)
 5. Select all (e.g. Ctrl+A or Cmd+A) and copy to clipboard (Ctrl+C or Cmd+C)
 6. Make the second pane active (by clicking on it)
 7. Paste (Ctrl+V or Cmd+V)

SV should pop up a dialog saying "The instants you are pasting came from a layer with different source material from this one.  Do you want to re-align them in time, to match the source material for this layer?" Say yes to this, and the instants should be pasted into the second pane with appropriate alignment.