Author Topic: Parameters and Inputs  (Read 5935 times)

Nordhal

• View Profile
Parameters and Inputs
« on: May 13, 2010, 21:27:37 »
Hello,
I have a question concerning the parameters , and inputs for a vamp plugin.
Can we have parameters which are not numeric values?
For example, if I want to analyze audio source using a configuration file, will it be possible to add this file, or the name of the file , as a Vamp plugin parameter?

Thanks in advance

Nordhal

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Parameters and Inputs
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 12:01:09 »
No, I'm afraid there is no support for this at all in Vamp as it currently stands.

One possible workaround for some situations may be for the plugin to scan a location in which configuration files are to be stored (e.g. a special directory) and then offer the configuration files found in there as named programs using the getPrograms/getCurrentProgram/selectProgram mechanism in PluginBase.

Chris

Nordhal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 15:11:15 »
This is a great idea to use the Program mechanism of a Vamp plugin. It could be a way for retrieving some input files.

Thank you for you answer,

Nordhal

Nordhal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 17:52:57 »
I have another question.

My project is to align a score with audio performance, using the match vamp plugin.
A score would be related to another audio , let's call this the reference audio.

So the process should be :
- Import audio file (artist performance)
- use the plugin
- set the parameters : Score, and audio reference if exists
- align the performance  and the audio reference.

Can I, during the initialization step (from my vamp plugin) , influence the behavior of the vamp host? For example, after retrieving the audio reference, can I set up a new channel for this file, and begin the alignment? If not, is there a possibility to use two different audio files at the same time, just using a vamp plugin?

Nordhal