Author Topic: Loading Plug-in in Mac OS/X?  (Read 5957 times)

elbitos

• View Profile
Loading Plug-in in Mac OS/X?
« on: November 06, 2009, 12:18:41 »
hello,

I have created a dynlib plug-in under Max Xcode 3.2 with following:
 - Amplitude tracker source code example + plugin.ccp
 - change plug-in name, identifier and author string to see if it loads well in SV
 - respected the relation between plug-in name and lib name etc.
 - created the .cat file...
 - export symbol as advide from ".list" file etc.
 - copied the plug-in the plug-in folder (lib/audio/vamp etc.) where other working plugings provided on vamp web site are.

....but when i start SV, my plug-in does not load at all thought everything looks ok.
I used the source code provided in vamp dowload...so little space for my own mistakes.

So obviously the application does not recognize it as a plug-in.

What is wrong?

I would really appreciate your support as i am very keen on developing plug-in but final phase not working...

thanks!

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Loading Plug-in in Mac OS/X?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 22:24:48 »

Hm, tricky sort of question to answer as it stands.  Can you try the "vamp-simple-host" command-line host, or the vamp-plugin-tester, or else try running Sonic Visualiser from a terminal window?  (To do the latter, run the program at "Sonic Visualiser.app/Contents/MacOS/Sonic Visualiser" in the SV bundle.)

Any of these should give you some more useful information at the terminal which indicates why it can't load your plugin.

Chris

elbitos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 14:17:05 »
thanks for support and suggestions.
I had already tried the vamp plugin test tool, and this is when i was told the architecture of my plug-in was incorrect, with no further detail.
any idea what is meant by or expected in architecture?

in the meantime i will work on other proposal,
many thanks

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 10:25:40 »
The "architecture" of the plugin (in this context) almost certainly refers to the processor for which it has been compiled (Intel or PowerPC).

The implication seems to be that your plugin was compiled with -arch ppc but you are running it on an Intel Mac, or that it was compiled with -arch x86 but you are running on PPC.

Chris