Author Topic: Displaying Infrasound (low hz) and spectrograph/gram/osciliscope?  (Read 3316 times)

Harmony

• View Profile
Hi,
I am new to sound technology (as of 2 wks ago) and need to record infrasound for personal reasons.
My equipment = Earthworks M30 microphone, RME Fireface UC, iMac 10.7, both Earthworks mic and RME UC have a frequency range to 5hz. RME UC at sampling rate 192k.

Despite reading both manuals on the sonic visualiser I am a still unsure of how to set it up and how to interpret the data.

1. I don't really know what gain I should put on the mic preamp. I put 34.
2. I don't know how to interpret the spectrograph/gram, how can i tell if  infrasound or also something like a packet of sound like a sound bullet (its the only way I can describe it) are present and at what amplitude?DB? and for what periods of time?
3. is there a vamp plugin (hopefully mac compatible) that shows infrasound as an x y axis, hz on one side and db? on the other?

So I sort of throw myself at the mercy of the forum and hope someone or more can help me.

I have a short wav file and a longer wav file that I can put on a shared place. Its rather large bcs of the sampling rate though (192k).

Kind regards

Cath