Author Topic: I am having trouble running Queen Mary's segmentation program in Ubuntu 12.04.  (Read 6070 times)

davidrgarber

• View Profile
Dear Vamp Plug-ins Forum,

I am getting errors when I try to run Queen Mary's structural segmentation vamp plug-in in sonic annotator.  I am using 32 bit Ubuntu 12.04, and I am using the latest version of sonic annotator and the Queen Mary vamp plug-ins.  When I try running it, I get the following error in my terminal...

root@david-VirtualBox:~/Downloads/sonic-annotator-0.7-linux-i386# ./sonic-annotator -d vamp:qm-vamp-plugins:qm-segmenter:segmentation "/home/david/The Foundation/testfile.wav" -w csv --csv-basedir "/home/david/The Foundation/"
basedir -> /home/david/The Foundation/
Have audio source: "/home/david/The Foundation/testfile.wav"
Determining default rate and channel count from first input file... Done
File or URL "/home/david/The Foundation/testfile.wav" opened successfully
Taking default channel count of 2 from file
Taking default sample rate of 44100Hz from file
(Note: Default may be overridden by transforms)
NOTE: Using default sample rate of 44100 for default transform
NOTE: Loaded and initialised plugin for transform "vamp:qm-vamp-plugins:qm-segmenter:segmentation" with plugin step size 8820 and block size 26460 (adapter step and block size 16384)
Extracting features for: "/home/david/The Foundation/testfile.wav"
Audio file "/home/david/The Foundation/testfile.wav": 2ch at 44100Hz
Extracting and writing features... 100%./sonic-annotator: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/vamp/qm-vamp-plugins.so: undefined symbol: clapack_dgetrf

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

David Garber
SmartSound Software, Inc.
8550 Balboa Blvd.
Suite 180
Northridge, CA 91325

timredfern

• View Profile
I'm also seeing this issue while trying to run the QM segmenter with vamp-hostsdk. I'm using x686 (32 bit) Ubuntu 12.10 also.

The quick fix is to switch to 64 bit Ubuntu, the precompiled version of qm-vamp-plugins.so for amd64 works out of the box.

I've spent a good while trying to compile it on 32 bit ubuntu without success, it seems there's a problem with the version of LAPACK that is bundled, maybe this will be resolved in the future.

See this thread:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12912