Author Topic: Aligning outputs and getting the little info button  (Read 3449 times)

justin

• View Profile
Aligning outputs and getting the little info button
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:51:45 »
Hi Chris!

I'm glad to say I already have a very early alpha version of my plugin working. I'll probably have some more questions as I get closer to a proper release, but for now just a couple of small questions:

1) The plug-in has several outputs. Of these, one is a matrix type (with 600 bins) and the other is a single value per frame (in cents). Ideally, I want both to be on the same scale, so the matrix bins represent values 0-5990 cents (i.e. bin*10), and then if the single value output has a value of say 4000 cents, it should appear at the same height as bin 400 (which represents value 400*10 = 4000 cents). In trying to do this I have 2 problems (a) apart from giving the matrix bins names, can I set them to represent numerical values? (b) since the single value has a greater range than the matrix (matrix goes from bin 0 to bin 599, but single value can also have negative values), they are both squeezed to fit on the screen meaning the values are not aligned. Any possible solution?

2) When loading QM plugins, there is a little button at the top right corner of the plugin parameters window with an 'i', which when clicked opens a url (in this case http://vamp-plugins.org/plugin-doc/qm-vamp-plugins.html). Would it be possible to have this 'i' button on my plug-in and direct it to a url of my choice?

Thanks!

justin