Author Topic: A small change that would greatly help an animator.  (Read 4716 times)

kylerk

• View Profile
A small change that would greatly help an animator.
« on: September 17, 2009, 22:04:41 »
I'm an animation student and have started using Sonic Visualiser to do sound breakdown work.  It is extremely easy for me to figure out the exact timing of music and vocals using the spectrogram analysis. 

My problem is however that there is no simple way to view the time in a unit that is really useful to me.  The program gives me time in seconds at the bottom of the screen, but what I would really love would be an option to change that to 24 frames per second.

If that same 24 frame per second time could also be brought over to the time instant layers or the ruler, it would help me immeasurably.

As this is open source software I'm hoping someone might have an idea of how to go about this type of feature.  It is really a very simple matter of multiplying the time by 24 and have that displayed.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience modifying open source software, but this would be really useful.

If anyone could help figure this out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kyler

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A small change that would greatly help an animator.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 14:12:42 »
Kyler,

Seemed like a simple idea, so I've added something to this effect which will be in the next release (coming during the next couple of days).

Chris