Author Topic: Chromagrams in Sonic Visualiser?  (Read 13821 times)

stewartg

• View Profile
Chromagrams in Sonic Visualiser?
« on: April 24, 2007, 05:37:12 »
Hi,

I'd like to learn a bit more about chromagrams. They seem to be popular for analysing the harmonic structure of music audio. I wanted to try out a few ideas of my own, but before getting too deeply into it I was hoping to have a play with some existing implementations.

I'm experimenting with the current version of Sonic Visualiser. This looks like a pretty cool appliction, and I love the fact that someone has finally come up with a plugin API for audio feature extraction. Thanks to the team for your great work!

The Vamp Plugins Page mentions chromagrams under the "Queen Mary plugin set", but it looks like these are currently unavailable. I tried an older version of these plugins from here but these seem to make the host hang on startup.

So:
  • Does anyone know if/when the Queen Mary plugins will be available again?
  • Is there an older version of Sonic Visualiser that works with the earlier plugins?
  • Are there any other applications or plugins around that do chromagram visualisation

Cheers,
  Stewart

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Chromagrams in Sonic Visualiser?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:16:21 »
Stewart,

A new build of the QM plugins is in fact ready, and with a bit of luck should be up on the QM website later today.  If not (it all depends on the chap who manages the webpage being available) we may be able to put them up somewhere else temporarily.  Look out for the version number updating to 1.1, at the URL you linked.

Thanks!

Chris

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 18:58:45 »
Well, looks like there is a bit of a delay -- so I've put up the plugins at http://www.vamp-plugins.org/qm/ as well.  This is only a temporary location, they'll disappear from there after they appear at the QM site.

Note that these plugins are not open source, for reasons that I am not in a position to comment on.

Chris

stewartg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 00:58:19 »
Thanks Chris. I can see the files, but when I try to download one I get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /qm/qm-vamp-plugins-1.1-win32.zip on this server.

Looks like a permissions problem...

Cheers,
  Stewart

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 06:59:09 »
Sorry, should be fixed now.

Chris

stewartg

• View Profile