Development Topics > Plugin Development

VamPy: Vamp plugins in Python

(1/2) > >>

cannam:
VamPy, a Python wrapper for the Vamp plugin API, is now available.

Using VamPy you can write audio analysis or visualisation plugins for use in Vamp hosts with a quick and dynamic environment that is somewhat like working in Matlab or other high-level modelling environments.  VamPy has full two-way support for NumPy, an efficient numerical library for Python, and for the dynamic typing of Python.

You can download VamPy from :
http://www.vamp-plugins.org/vampy.html

endolith:
So this isn't compatible with Python 2.7?

How would I view Python error messages on a Windows system?  Running Sonic Visualiser from the command line doesn't print anything.

endolith:
Ok, I used sonic annotator instead and it gives a bunch of errors

--- Code: ---'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
Numpy build information: ABI level: 16777225 Numpy version: 1.3
Vampy was compiled with Numpy support but Numpy does not seem to be installed.
--- End code ---

--- Code: ---Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vamp Plugins\PySpectralFeatures.py", line 17, in <module>
    from numpy import *
ImportError: No module named numpy
Warning: Syntax error in VamPy plugin:  PySpectralFeatures. Avoiding plugin.
--- End code ---

etc.  Is there a way to steer this to my C:\Python27 folder, or is it just not compatible with 2.7?  Will there be a version that's compatible soon?

endolith:
Even with python26 installed, it doesn't work.

--- Code: ------------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Users\...

R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK  

--- End code ---

Even with nothing in the plugins folder except vampy.dll, it still pops up a long list of errors if I do "sonic-annotator -l":

--- Code: ---ERROR: error importing source: PySpectralFeatures
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vamp Plugins\PySpectralFeatures.py", line 17, in <module>
    from numpy import *
  File "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\numpy\__init__.py", line 137, in <module>
    import add_newdocs
  File "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\numpy\add_newdocs.py", line 9, in <module>
    from numpy.lib import add_newdoc
  File "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from type_check import *
  File "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\type_check.py", line 8, in <module>
    import numpy.core.numeric as _nx
  File "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core\__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    import multiarray
ImportError: DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
Warning: Syntax error in VamPy plugin:  PySpectralFeatures. Avoiding plugin.
--- End code ---

Is there any way to get this working?  Does anyone even use this?  The forum looks abandoned.

cannam:
Hi there --

The forum is not abandoned exactly, but it is certainly a bit... sleepy.

It's become quite hard to maintain because most of the monitoring work goes into eliminating spam registrations (there is a ratio of at least 100 to 1 of spam to non-spam registration attempts). This also means new registrants can take a long time to be approved, contributing to the general lack of liveliness -- I suspect quite a few people have registered but forgotten what they were going to ask by the time their registrations were approved.

In this case, also, I am not sure whether the main VamPy developer reads the forum -- I will forward these questions.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version