Author Topic: Sonic vis 1.7  (Read 5731 times)

Jonelle

• View Profile
Sonic vis 1.7
« on: October 28, 2009, 10:11:56 »
I am a new user of Sonic visualiser and last week downloaded version 1.7.  I have worked my way through the Sonic Visualiser tutorial by Daniel Leech-Wilkinson and Nick Cook, and am now looking through the Brief Reference Guide.  I note that both of these relate to sonic visualiser 1.6,  and there are a couple of things that I cannot find/operate in version 1.7.  The most significant is the display on the vertical and horizontal axis.  For instance,  1.1 of the Reference Guide indicates time values on the horizontal axis - these do not appear in SV 1.7. When using the spectrogram layer, I cannot find the freqencies that should be annotated on the left vertical axis.  Please could someone advise me on this. Thanks very much indeed. Jonelle

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic vis 1.7
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 10:19:29 »
Jonelle,

Sounds like perhaps you have "overlays" switched off.  Try View -> Show Standard Overlays (or the 7, 8, 9, 0 keys to adjust the amount of detail in the overlays).

Chris

Jonelle

• View Profile
Re: Sonic vis 1.7
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 14:12:20 »
Thanks Chris - that's done it! :)

I have another query.  As you know I'm a newbie and I've just uploaded my first wav file into sonic visualiser.  I have two waveforms appearing in the pane, one on top of the other. The left hand axis appears to have trebled - it runs from 0.9 - 1.0 three times up the left hand side of the pane. When I try to add a spectrogram layer, I have given three choices: All channels mixed; channel 1 and channel 2.  What is the signficance of two waveforms?  How can I get rid of one?

Jonelle