Author Topic: Match Vamp plugin  (Read 4738 times)

Jonelle

• View Profile
Match Vamp plugin
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:27:31 »
 ???

Hi

I've left a message on the vamp plugins forum, but since my question is to do with SV I thought I'd post it here too.  I'm trying to time align five versions of the same song, but the time alignment icon does not appear on my version of SV.  I've tried to download the Match plugin, and although I have put it in my Vamp plugins folder in C drive, I cannot get the icon to appear on the SV tool bar.   Any help and advice gratefully received!!

Jonelle

cannam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Match Vamp plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 10:04:51 »
Jonelle,

(From the reference to the C drive, I assume you're using Windows)

The most usual reason why this might not work would be simply that the plugin is not in quite the right place.  Are you sure it is exactly in a folder named

C:\Program Files\Vamp Plugins

?

If it is in the right place: Does Sonic Visualiser pick up on any other plugins you install?  Can you put other plugins in the same folder and check whether they show up in the Transform menu?  (Try looking in Transform -> Analysis by Plugin -> submenu)

Chris

Jonelle

• View Profile
Re: Match Vamp plugin
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:54:58 »
Hi

Thanks for your prompt response. It was in my Vamp pluggins folder in C drive, but still not working.  So I uninstalled it and then reinstalled and  (yipee) the time alignment icon has appeared on the tool bar. 

I am working on the final chapter of a Music PhD in which I'm making comparative analsyes of sections of a song.  I live a long way from my academic insitution, and as a consequence am a bit on my own when it comes to using SV.  It's nice to know there's someone out there who can help.

Bye for now
Jonelle